Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let's get the female perspective, shall we?

Often at times I find myself disappointed at the way females are portrayed in movies, music videos, television shows, advertisements, and musical lyrics. The images I often find myself coming across are those of women with hardly any clothing on, posing in sexual positions, referred to sluts, hoes, or bitches, and are often viewed as sexual objects. There is more to the female physic than her body. Women throughout history have worked hard to gain the respect of men and be viewed as strong, powerful, and intelligent individuals.

I would like to voice the female perspective and opinion on the current images being portrayed in today's media. My goal is to open the minds of my readers and allow for them to see first hand how negatively females are portrayed in today's media.

No comments:

Post a Comment